01 November 2006

Food of Dreams

My new accompaniment partner, Billie, arrived in Barranquilla a few days ago. In addition to bringing me a letter from a dear friend (Hi Beth! Hi Gabe!) and a package from my parents that included embroidered “R” handkerchiefs from my recently deceased grandmother, Billie gifted me with the most precious of foodstuffs:


Although I love many many things about the Colombian coast, lately I’ve been fantasizing about U.S. food. I feel like I’ve eaten enough rice and plantains and farm cheese to have had an authentic Barranquilla experience, and I’m ready for the return of gooey pizza, big salads, and creatively prepared tofu.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Rachael,
Hi to you and Billie, I'm on my way on Sunday to Barranquilla, and I can't wait to meet both of you and get started. I started a blog too, since yours is so wonderful, I don't expect to live up to it at all.... http://thoughts-along-the-road.blogspot.com/

I'll see you on Sunday. I am in Bogota for a day before heading to the coast.

Take care,
Shannan

Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home