14 September 2006

Technical Difficulties

Friends,

A new centro comercial (mall) is being built around the corner from the presbytery office, blocking the signal to our internet antenna and frustrating everyone involved. I´ll be back with posts and photos in a few days when the server problems are fixed.

In the meantime, I recently read this quote in a novel and it has me thinking:
My job was acceptance. To keep an acceptant spirit. That´s what I learned... To accept. Not to change the world. Only to change the soul. So that it can be in the world. Be rightly in the world.
- Ursula K. LeGuin, Four Ways to Forgiveness

Thanks for visiting the blog! All is safe and well here in Barranquilla.

paz,
rachel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry back! I miss your entries (and you and Skype)!

Thursday, September 14, 2006 10:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rachel! This is amazing stuff you're up to. I just managed to steal a few and get caught up on the blog here. And wow. Here's to all continuing well.
As for this post: Holy wow do I love that book! What a great line; and a pretty wonderful choice to pick up while you're in Colombia.
peace
steve

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home