02 September 2006

Week 1 Review: Top 5ives



Things I'm Thinking About
1. "To be a witness is too neutral; Be a friend, a brother, a sister."
2. Peace is a result of justice; It grows through work, not just from prayer.
3. Justice demands "Rehumanizing the Human", building community by teaching each other how to work as communities
4. What it means to understand and to be understood, through language, culture, body, and presence
5. How to simply be -- not moving, not doing, not hurrying, not scheduling -- just being present in solidarity.

New Things I'm Doing
1. Teaching an english class
2. Playing oboe in the community orchestra
3. Eating fish
4. Speaking spanish
5. Daily yoga

Things I Love:
1. Living a culture of peace
2. Breaking away from the routine of academia
3. Germán, Gustavo, Camilo, Ramón, Gloria, Elias, Christine, Amy, Armando, Giovanny, Yolbetis, Chery, Milciades, Jackie, Diego, Flor, Julio y más...
4. Arequipe (dulce de leche ice cream flavor)
5. Colombian hospitality

Things I Miss:
1. Cappuccinos
2. Quakers
3. Autumn
4. Mike, Lori, Sarah, Michael, Beth, Gabe, Mom, Dad, Ann, other Sarah, Leila, Beatrice, other Michael, and more...
5. Having my own kitchen

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Flattered to see I still made the list! I'm having trouble adjusting to English keyboards again, and the climate changes seems to have left me with a nasty cough. I'm currently listening to the CD that Yalile of the Red Ecumenica made (have Christine play it for you), and thinking about you all constantly.
Amy

Monday, September 04, 2006 5:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... AMY made the list, but ol' Tony is left under the "other" umbrella ;-) Kidding of course! I know you miss Tony and Cassie too. I saw Lori today and she said she missed you... What do you want me to mail you there in the South Parts? ...anything you need?

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home